REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST(REOI):
PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/ 03B/EU/ NGR/NAM /2023
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF NATIONAL GOVERNANCE REPORT (NGR) OF THE REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
Bid closing Date: 16 MAY 2023 at 11.00 SAST
Submit through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Number: PANAF/2020/420-467
Country: South Africa
Project Title: APRM: AGA-SP
In December 2020, The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) received financing from the European Union (EU) in support of a three-year project. This project takes place within the framework of the African Governance Architecture Support Project (AGA-SP), consistent with the Africa-EU Partnership 2020-2023. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the achievement of Aspiration 3: ‘An Africa of good governance, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law’ and Aspiration 6 ‘An Africa, whose development is people driven, relying on the potential of African people, especially its women, youth, and children in line with the African Union’s Agenda 2063.
Under this grant and project, the APRM hereby seeks to procure the services of an experienced Individual Consultant to support the Development of National Governance Report (NGR) of the Republic of Namibia. The Consultant must be a Namibian nationality.
2. OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Namibia has taken cue from the AU initiative and wishes to prepare the 2023 National Governance Report. As such, the APRM Continental Secretariat seeks the services of a consultant to support the APRM-Namibia in developing the National Governance Report of Namibia. The NGR seeks to:
i. Provide credible, up-to-date, and reliable data on governance.
ii. National governance reports have the potential to ensure regular, periodic, and continuous assessment of selected governance areas,
iii. National governance reports imbue a sense of ownership of the country’s governance.
iv. National governance reports are a foundation for regular and continuous assessment on governance to detect areas with shortcoming in a view to improve them.
v. Regular reporting assist governments to formulate informed policies but most importantly they can be a source of best practices that can be shared among Member States
vi. Enable the formulation of realistic and actionable and institutions-targeted recommendations for governance improvement.
3. SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
Under direct supervision, guidance and overall authority of the APRM-Namibia, the national consultant will bring his/her expertise to support the National Governing Council of the APRM-Namibia in developing the Report comprising of an Introduction, Methodology, detailed performance of proposed indicators, and policy recommendations for relevant institutions. With the support of members of the National Governing Council, the Consultant will provide the services along the following milestones:
i. Develop a user-friendly questionnaire based on proposed indicators.
ii. Provide technical direction to measure key governance indicators and assign tasks to the principal researchers and assistant researchers.
iii. Provide guidance on technical support in data collection.
iv. Develop the Final National Governance Report of Namibia.
v. Prepare an abridged version/ Key highlight of the report.
4. DURATION OF THE WORK AND REPORTING LINE
i. The duration of contract shall be for a maximum of two working months from May 2023.
ii. The Consultant will work closely with APRM-Namibia and from time to time submit the progress of activities to the Chief Executive Officer of APRM-Namibia and chairperson of the NGC, as the key contact for overall guidance.
5. DUTY STATION
i. The Consultant shall be based in Namibia and may undertake distance mode of working based on agreed workplan and methodology.
ii. The Consultant is expected to use own laptop and other required equipment to carry out the task.
6. QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
1. A PhD in any of the following relevant areas:
a) Governance (Recommended)
b) Public Administration and Management
c) Political science
d) Organizational Development
e) Development studies
f) Knowledge of Statistics is an added advantage.
2. At least 5 to 7 years in-depth knowledge and demonstrated expertise in conducting governance assessments.
3. Knowledge and experience in public sector reforms in Namibia.
4. Evidence of preparation of governance reports in the last 5 years – national, regional or continental.
5. Demonstrate that they have familiarity with decentralization in Namibia as well as systems processes and structures; and
6. Demonstrate that they have Excellent analytical, research and data analysis, and communication skills (verbal and written).
The APRM invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in the above-mentioned consultancy work by submitting the following requisite information and documentation:
1. Full curriculum vitae that includes information on nationality, educational qualifications, professional experience, expertise.
2. Proof of all academic and professional qualifications by submitting certified copies of Academic and relevant Professional certifications.
3. Provide one relevant writing sample/published policy report, demonstrating writing and research experience and skills.
The short-list and the selection procedure shall be done in accordance with the AU Procurement Manual, version 2.0 dated July 2016. Only Shortlisted Candidates shall be issued with the Terms of Reference (TORS)
Interested Consultants may obtain further information by contacting email@example.com during office hours (8h00 -17h00 SAST). Clarification shall be published on the APRM website (www.aprm-au.org) and MUST be requested not less than seven days prior to the closing date of the bid.
SUBMISSION OF BID; CLOSING & OPENING DATE
1. Expressions of interest must be submitted online via email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16th May 2023 at 11.00am South Africa Time. The EOI Shall be Opened on 16th May 2023 at 11.00 11.00 hours South Africa time.
2. Submission to be titled: PROCUREMENT NUMBER: APRM/ 03B/EU/ NGR/NAM /2023: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF NATIONAL GOVERNANCE REPORT (NGR) OF THE REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
3. Only bids submitted on time shall be accepted.
African Peer Review Mechanism
Private Bag x09, Halfway House, 1685
Physical Address: 230 15th Street, Randjies Park, 1st Floor
Midrand, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 256 3400/01/29